- To begin, you, by yourself or together with your spouse, speak with one of our Consultants to determine the best option suitable for your family as to what matters most.
- Next, you and your spouse work together with a neutral FairWell Guide to identify/resolve disputes. Upon reaching an agreement, we help generate the necessary court documents, as well as electronically file them with the court for you or we provide you instruction on how to file yourself to effectuate the settlement.
- Finally, you and your spouse come out stronger with a fresh start knowing you made practical decisions through a process focused on fairness and serving you well.
Minnesota Divorce Mediation Lawyers
Reasons to Choose Us for Family Law Mediation
- Quickly Start and Finalize Your Divorce
- Less Expensive, Flat Fee Pricing
- You and Your Spouse Control the Process, Not Court or Attorneys
- Child Custody and Parenting Time
- Family Mediation Services Tailored to Your Case
- Division of Assets and Debt
- Calculation of Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance/Alimony
- You and Your Spouse Receive all Finalized Court Documents, Ready for Filing
- You and Your Spouse Work Together with a Neutral FairWell Guide to Identify/Resolve Disputes
- Your FairWell Guide Serves as a Referral Source if You and Your Spouse Need Additional Expertise, Such as a Financial Planner, Home Appraiser and/or Business Valuator
How to Prepare for Mediation
Mediation is a low-conflict method of negotiation arbitrated by an impartial third party with the intent of circumventing differences that could prevent a consensus. While there are other definitions of mediation, in the simplest terms, it generally means neutrally assisted negotiation. The provided definition of mediation gives participants some idea of what to expect, but it can still be challenging to know if and how to prepare for your negotiations. Depending on the matter being negotiated, it can be challenging to give general advice for how to prepare for a mediation, but here is some guidance to increase the likelihood you won’t be caught unprepared when the time comes.
- Remain Flexible: You can try to prepare for every eventuality, but it’s important to realize that new topics and issues may arise that must be handled. You can’t be too rigid.
- Practice Active Listening: Productive two-way communication requires active listening. To participate in the process, you need to listen to what the other side is saying and be prepared to respond accordingly.
- Communicate Clearly: If you have points you hope to make and things you need to discuss, it’s helpful to write them down and plan your talking points. Communicating clearly begins with preparation, so think through what you want to share and plan.
- Avoid Emotional Language and Triggers: If you are negotiating a sensitive topic, it’s best to avoid emotional language and known triggers that will derail the process. It can lead to unnecessary delays.
- Prepare for the Process: Before you mediation, you will know the agenda for the negotiation. You aren’t going to be surprised by the negotiation topics. So, take advantage of this knowledge and prepare. Bring any necessary paperwork and materials you’ll need.
- Use Your Resources: If you’re getting a divorce or negotiating support payments, you have the option to seek out professionals to help you prepare for your mediation. Experts like tax professionals, financial advisors, child specialists, and divorce mediation attorneys can help answer your questions as you prepare for your mediation.
Mediation offers parties reasonable and sound solutions that can lead to a far less conflictual experience. Because each side is working together to find answers and formulate plans on their terms often leads to better outcomes. Contact our Minnesota divorce mediation lawyer today and put your best foot forward.
Say FairWell to long, drawn-out litigation and costly disputes.
Say hello to a process focused on fairness and serving you well.
FairWell helped make my divorce a more pleasant experience. My now ex-husband and I were able to make it through the mediation process and have all of the paperwork signed and ready to file within a few hours. We could not have made it through the divorce process and still have a decent relationship without this mediation process. I am grateful to have used FairWell. I am truly grateful to get through everything so quickly...and relatively pain free.- Tara
We wanted results without the high cost of a typical divorce, FairWell did just that.- Jennifer G.
The FairWell process was so easy and made a difficult situation much less stressful.- Brittni R.
Fairwell helped make my divorce a more pleasant experience.- Tara
FairWell Mediation made a very hard process an easy one.- Ariel M.
She has a way of bringing two people to a happy medium for the sake of a child.- Tonya T.