Woodbury, MN Mediation Lawyers
Alternative Dispute Resolution in Woodbury
Divorces generally involve challenging legal issues and personal conflicts that are difficult to resolve. When the parties cannot reach an agreement, a judge must intervene to resolve the dispute. Courtroom litigation is an adversarial process that pits the parties against each other to compete for a judicial outcome in their favor. However, this type of dispute resolution often results in irreparably damaged relationships.
If you are going through a divorce and want to preserve what you can from your relationship with your spouse and children, you should consider an alternative form of dispute resolution: mediation. At FairWell Family Law Mediation, we provide families in Woodbury, Minnesota, with valuable mediation services that serve to mend meaningful relationships instead of destroying them. Our FairWell guides are experienced mediation attorneys who are dedicated to using their knowledge and experience to guide families through their conflict.
Our FairWell Guides help families with the following issues:
- Divorce: Marriage is a legal relationship that is regulated by state law. Therefore, courts are responsible for deciding matters in connection with marriage, including its termination through divorce. Divorce cases often involve other family law matters, such as the award of spousal support, child support, the division of property, and the custody of minor children.
- Child custody: Generally, parenting is a joint venture with both parents having an active role. Upon divorce, both parents continue to have parenting responsibilities, which they must allocate between themselves. A parent’s rights and responsibilities regarding the care, custody, and control of their child after getting separated is one of the most significant issues in a divorce case.
- Child support: Regardless of their marital status, all parents generally have a legal obligation to provide their children with financial support until they become adults. As a result, this duty continues after a divorce. The details of a child support obligation depend on various factors.
- Alimony: During a marriage, the spouses often act as a single economic unit. When a couple gets divorced, neither party will enjoy the same financial resources as when they were married. Spousal support is available to a spouse who lacks the financial means of maintaining the standard of living to which they became accustomed while married.
Schedule a Consultation (651) 409-9093 With Our Woodbury Mediation Lawyer
How Can You Benefit from Mediation?
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that aims at resolving conflicts in a private and more informal setting. During mediation, the parties are responsible for reaching an agreement on important issues. The entire process is supervised by a neutral third party who acts as an intermediary and advisor for the parties, keeping them focused on the important issues.
Mediation provides several benefits, including:
- Party-Centered Focus: Mediation is naturally a party-centered process, giving them the responsibility and control over how to resolve their issues. This is important because many family law matters involve personal issues, such as the parties’ relationship with each other and their relationship with their children. Since the parties are usually in the best position to understand these issues and their impact, mediation is an excellent way for the parties to make sure the solution comprehensively addresses those issues.
- Privacy: Court proceedings are a matter of public record. In contrast, the details of the negotiations and discussions that the parties conduct during mediation can stay private. Although the terms of the parties agreement are incorporated by the court in its orders—which are available to the public—mediation allows the parties to maintain some much-needed privacy in their case.
- Cost Efficiency: Mediation offers the parties a cost-effective alternative to litigation. In court proceedings for divorce, the parties must stick to the court’s schedule and adhere to strict rules regarding court procedure, the presentation of evidence, and legal precedent. As a result, the parties and their attorney must spend a lot of time and money preparing for hearings and appointments. Although mediators charge an hourly, the mediation process does not shackle the parties to formal rules. This can save them thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees and court costs.
- Convenience: The informal mediation process offers the parties significant latitude when it comes to the time and location of sessions. Generally, the parties can choose to hold negotiations at a time and place of their choosing, including the conference rooms at a law office or hotel, or even the private residence of one of the parties.
Our FairWell Guides Are Here to Serve You
At FairWell Family Law Mediation, our goal is to guide families through challenges and conflicts associated with legal disputes concerning Minnesota family law. You can benefit from the different services our FairWell Guides provide at cost-effective prices. We can help you navigate the mediation process so you can have less stress and more confidence about the outcome of your case and the relationships affected by it.
Schedule a Consultation (651) 409-9093 to Speak With Our Woodbury Mediation Attorney
We understand that divorce can become a lengthy process. Our priority at FairWell is to help give you peace of mind by helping to make your divorce as efficient and as quick as possible.
Our FairWell Guides have decades of collective experience in successfully guiding couples through our divorce mediation process and helping them come to an agreement.
Our state of the art FairWell document creation system makes it so that we are able to provide our clients with fixed pricing, error-free court documentation, and a faster divorce process.
We understand the financial burden and stresses of a divorce. Our goal at FairWell is to help give you peace of mind in knowing that a divorce is possible without the stresses of unknown expenses.